The After Math

    It's been a month and a half since I was diagnosed with Celiac's and at first I wasn't sure if that's what I had because my improvements were very little, but now after not having gluten for a month and half I am happy to say that my improvements are great!  At first it was just the extreme cramping and constant running to bathroom that went away (which is still good) but I was still having some uncomfortable pains and bloating and not being able to eat a whole bunch.  It was pretty much all day with the worse pain in the morning when I woke up, then it moved to just pain in the morning but, I started feeling hungry after a few hours of being awake...which was another good improvement....although I still couldn't eat a lot. Improvement is improvement I'd say, even if it took a while.  This week has been the first week that I have woke up with no pain and I am even starting to feel hungry when I wake up in the morning!  I can eat full meals on a daily basis, hardly experiencing any pain, and my body feels really good. I actually feel hungry and no bloating.   My mornings are so much easier and stress free now.

    Things I am learning though, is to scour the labels. I did accidentally eat gluten about two weeks ago and it did not end pretty. My stomach was hurting so bad and I felt nauseous, but that is how I will remember to always check the labels before I buy and/or make anything!   Some things you wouldn't assume have gluten in them, like Pringles, and if one flavor or type of candy is gluten free doesn't mean all of them are gluten free such as Reese's peanut butter cups are gluten free, Reese's wafers... not so much.  You can't assume anything, even if you think you know the ingredients of a food ALWAYS READ THE LABEL!  Don't assume you know what they say about people who assume.... Now time to get my teeth fixed.....yuck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment